Green Card Help

Texas U.S. Permanent Residency Attorney

When you obtain a green card, you become a lawful permanent resident of the United States, but not a citizen. Becoming a citizen happens through a process called naturalization. Once you have received your green card, you are allowed to stay in the United States as long as you wish. You are not bound by the time constraints or limitations that come with a visa.

There are specific requirements that must be met and rules that must be followed in the process of obtaining a green card. It is important to have a Houston green card lawyer who understands the process and will work to ensure that everything goes smoothly. At the Law Office of Brian Plotts PC, I represent clients throughout the greater Houston area and throughout the United States in a broad range of complex immigration matters.

Help with the Application Process

If you have a relative, spouse, or child 21 years of age or older, I can assist that family member with applying for your permanent resident status in the United States.  In many cases, the entire permanent residency process can be completed in the U.S.  In other cases, if you entered the country illegally, we may be able to initiate the process in the U.S. and complete the process through consular processing in your home country. If you are in your home country and wish to seek permanent resident status in this country, I can help you complete the application through consular processing. I will personally handle your application at every step, so feel confident that everything possible is being done to obtain a positive result.

Green Card Through Family Member

If you have a family member who is a permanent resident of the U.S. or a U.S. citizen, they may be able to apply for you to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S. There are several preference categories that dictate when you will be able to adjust your status to permanent residency after the visa petition is filed.

Immediate Relative of a U.S. Citizen-Visas Always Available

If the sponsoring U.S. citizen is your SPOUSE, PARENT (if you are currently unmarried and under 21 years old) or CHILD (U.S. citizen 21 years old or older).

If we file a petition for you and you meet eligibility requirements for permanent residency, you may be able to obtain your green card immediately.

Family Visas After Waiting Period

You could be eligible after a waiting period if your sponsor is an unmarried son or daughter (21 years or older) of a U.S. citizen, married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen, brother or sister of a U.S. citizen, family member of a permanent resident, spouse of a permanent resident, unmarried child under 21 years old of a permanent resident, unmarried son/daughter 21 Years or older of a permanent resident.


If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may be denied admission to the U.S. due to previous criminal problems, previous immigration fraud or misrepresentation, or for a variety of other reasons. The U.S. government refers to these reasons to deny your admission to the U.S. as grounds of inadmissibility. In many cases, you may be eligible to apply for a waiver by filing a proper waiver package. The waiver process is much more than filing the proper form. The process is complicated. Representation by an experienced attorney is critical to your success and admission to the U.S.

Translate »