Our Legal Practice

Texas Removal Proceedings Attorney

If you are facing deportation, don’t believe leaving the United States is your only choice. There are a number of options that can be pursued in an effort to keep you in the country. Be sure that you have an experienced Houston deportation defense lawyer on your side who understands the law and can help to protect your interests.

Deportation actions can be initiated when a person violates the terms of admission to the United States or if a person is found to be an illegal immigrant. At the Law Office of Brian Plotts PC, I represent clients in a wide variety of deportation and removal proceedings. I have more than 25 years of experience as an attorney, I have represented several clients in these types of cases.

Working to Prevent Your Deportation

There are a number of reasons that an immigrant can face deportation. If you are found to be in the country without a visa or other authorization, you can be deported. If you are here legally and found guilty of a crime, you can also be deported. In some cases, your application for permanent residency can be denied and lead to your deportation.

With every case I take, I look for any possible way to prevent your deportation.  My only goal in these matters is to reach a positive result that allows you to stay in the United States here with your family.

Many people facing deportation are detained until their case is resolved. I will do everything I can to secure bond in your case so you can go through the process without being detained.

Bond Proceedings

If you have been arrested by an immigration agent, you may have an opportunity for a bond hearing and be released from jail. Every detainee does not have a right to a bond hearing. Consult with our office for an assessment of your individual case.


You may apply for asylum in the US if you believe you have been persecuted in your native country or fear persecution if you return based upon race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Once you receive asylee status, you may apply for permanent residency after 1 year. You may also apply for family members to join you in the US. Upon arrival to the US, you must contact our office immediately. You are eligible to apply for asylum within 1 year of your entry to the US. There are limited exceptions to the one year requirement. There may also be other forms of relief from persecution and return to your country. Consult our office for a personal review of your case.


As soon as you receive a decision from a judge or USCIS, contact our office immediately. You may have an opportunity to appeal any adverse decision. In many instances you may only have 30 days to file the appeal. A prompt consultation with an attorney is needed.

Citizenship and Naturalization

There are many individuals living in the US and outside of the US who do not know that they are US citizens. Citizenship law is very complicated. If you have at least 1 parent who was a US citizen when you were born and who lived for a period of time in the US, you may be a US citizen. Unlike permanent residency, citizenship gives you the right to vote and to remain in the US forever without fear of ever being deported/removed. If you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years or a permanent resident through marriage for at least 3 years, you may apply for citizenship through naturalization. Contact our office to ensure that you meet all other eligibility requirements.

U.S. Passport Denials

A US passport is proof of US citizenship. Now with US citizen passport requirements for land and air travel to reenter the US, thousands of individuals who have been living in the US since birth are being denied US passports. Our office can assist you with passport application and replies to passport offices in order to ensure your issuance of a passport. The office can also litigate on your behalf in federal court for your citizenship.

Criminal Immigration Matters & Fraud

Criminal convictions, including certain misdemeanors and fraud, can have a huge detrimental impact on your immigration status if you are a permanent resident, an individual in deportation or removal immigration court proceedings, or an individual seeking entry into the U.S. through a family based visa. There are removability waivers, applications to cancel your removal from the U.S., and I-601 application for waiver of grounds of inadmissibility also known as I-601 hardship waiver. Only a skilled immigration attorney can identify the proper waiver available for your unique situation and stop your deportation or removal from the U.S. or assist you with entering the U.S. legally in spite of your prior conviction. Contact immigration attorney Brian Plotts before you enter into any guilty plea, accept probation, or receive any type of sentence. The Law Office of Brian Plotts PC will review your criminal case and immigration status and advise you of any consequences that the crime has on your immigration status now and in the future. We also represents individuals in select criminal cases.

The Law Office of Brian Plotts PC represents clients throughout the Houston, Texas, area, including the communities of Houston, Galveston, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg, Pasadena, Conroe, Katy and Pearland, and throughout Harris County, Brazoria County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Montgomery County and Liberty County.

Translate »